Thursday, June 5, 2008

TOTALLY ALIKE!


Notice a pattern here? We are still dressed alike! It became a part of who we were and very seldom did my sister and I wear different clothing. Even when we went out to play, we wore the same outfits, and my mom made sure everything matched! At all times we were coordinated from shoes, sock, dresses, coats, hats, gloves, and even pocketbooks. There is a reason for this and it was something I discovered only a few months before she past on. She had been orphaned from the age of four and lived in an orphanage until she was sixteen. When she left she always made sure she dressed nice, and everything matched. I'm guessing she had to wear other people's hand-me-downs. Why she insisted her daughters wore new clothing that matched!

And I'm pretty sure I'm the one on the right side of the photo!

No comments: