Friday, October 1, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away!

It goes without saying that I know we need this rain, but c'mon!   Enough is enough.  I need the sun!  Yes, I could take my dog for her walk in the rain, but somehow coming back home with a wet dog is not what I look forward to doing.  

Plus cloudy days cloud up my mind and starts to remind me of the colder months coming, and even colder ones where I will be somewhat housebound because of the weather. 

Maybe, just maybe I need to start thinking about what I should do at this point...stay here in CT where we are never bored by a weather than can affect our moods to the point where we don't know if we're coming or going.  Or move to a warm rather stable environment where I know I can go out 90% of the time and get my required amount of Vitamin D.  Hey, I'm in that age group where bones are actually affected by what I do, what I eat, and even probably how I think. 

I do need to make my way out there today despite the rain, and at least it will get me out and away from these four walls that seem to close inch by inch. 

It's true we can do nothing about the weather, but we can do something about where we experience that weather.  
Mmmm, this morning the Today Show showed sunny (90% of the time if not more) Arizona, specifically Lake Havisu where one can actually cross over the London Bridge.   I remember that area while visiting my son while he lived out there and one of the things I will always remember...it was sunny 99% of the time, in fact while I was there 100% of the time. 

I remember all the RV's making their way out that way and thought to myself....someday....someday I'm going to do just that.  

And today is one of those days where that vision becomes clearer and more focused in my mind.  

Lake Havisu....someday ....here I come!

No comments: