Tuesday, June 15, 2010

TWO REVIEWS FOR NO MORE SECRETS, NO MORE LIES

While surfing the net today, which I occasionally do to see if any new reviews are there for any of my books.  I came across two of them today.  Of course, seeing that I received five stars from one, and four stars from the other...I'm doing a snoopy dance.

I'm posting them here so that I can come back to this page and look at them, especially on those days when I may feel a bit discouraged, or down, or simply wondering if I should be doing something else.  Of course I know the answer.  At this stage in my life, I need to do those things I fully feel a passion for and that is creating complex plots, complicated characters, and stories where readers will find a satisfying ending.

This reviewer gave No More Secrets, No More Lies five stars!


Years ago, Sydney Morgan gave up on the only man she ever loved. After spending an entire weekend together, Sydney wasn't prepared to find out that the man she thought she knew, was in fact engaged to be married. Not waiting on an explanation, Sydney left him, her job, and disappeared. Her choices eleven years earlier weren't made just for her sanity, she had someone else to think about. While Sydney thought she was doing the right thing at the time, she is now haunted because the man she has continued to love is now one of her clients and he wants back into her life. What will he do when he finds out the lies she had to tell in order to keep her most prized possession safe?

Grant Sinclair is pleasantly surprised to find that his new financial advisor is none other than Sydney Morgan. When she left him eleven years ago, Grant was almost destroyed and thought to lick his wounds by marrying another, which didn't work. Grant is divorced now and when he sees Sydney again, he wants to take up where they left off, only Sydney isn't cooperating. Grant finally learns the reason for her subterfuge when he realizes that she is a single mother of a son. A son that seems to have been born nine months after their weekend together. A son that thinks his father is dead.

Will Sydney's lies be too much for Grant to bear? While she thought she was doing the right thing at the time, Sydney is tired of the lies and decides to tell all.

No More Secrets, No More Lies by Marie A. Roy is intensely emotional and often times just downright sad. Choices made by Sydney made me wince at times but I could relate to those same choices and was able to lend my support. Grant Sinclair made me a bit irritated in the fact that, while he never called Sydney in eleven years, he immediately wanted to pick up where they left off without first asking for any explanations as to why she disappeared. Have no fear, however, Sydney put him right in his place and that made me smile.

No More Secrets, No More Lies was a good read. I applaud Marie A. Joy for writing such a poignant novel. Fully able to relate to making choices alone, I found myself immersed in the story and sighed with satisfaction when finished. I think I have found another author to read and for that, I am happy!

Talia
reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed 

This reviewer gave No More Secrets, No More Lies four stars! 
Secrets have a way of revealing what you wished to stay hidden . . .
Sydney Morgan has just been given an account that could either make or break her career. She is determined to win GS Enterprises but she is totally unprepared when she discovers that GS's CEO is Grant Sinclair. Her past has come back to haunt her. Grant is the same man that she put out of her life ten years prior .... the same man who broke her heart ... the same man who is the father to her physically challenged son, Brian .... the same man who still sets her heart to racing. Will she have the courage to face Grant and reveal the secret she has kept locked away from him for so many years?
Grant Sinclair hasn't seen Sydney Morgan for ten years but she still has that same beauty that had captured his attention the first time his eyes met hers so many years ago. However he is saddened to see that those same eyes are now shadowed with guilt and doubt. What has happened to her? Will he be able to convince her to reveal the secrets that she has kept so well guarded? Will he be able to accept the truth if he does?
In NO MORE SECRETS, NO MORE LIES Marie A. Roy does an exceptional job in her development of her characters. It has been a very long time since I found myself growing so close to the book's characters. Her smooth poignant plot will stand up with the best in the romance industry. Books such as this one are hard to put down once read.

By Suzie Housley -MyShelf.com Book Reviewer

No comments: