Wednesday, May 7, 2008

May 2008


And finally some good weather. I've been visiting my favorite place, Lake Winfield. It is a small lake that provides a great place for walking, jogging, or for the ambitious running. Here I manage to get in some running time (not fast) but enough to get the cardio up to a reasonable rate where I can work off some calories.

Also, here I am able to relax and think. I find walking/running out there in nature inspiring, triggering the germ of a story, or a new character, or simply letting my mind go where it has a mind to go.

In upcoming weeks I will be working on several projects, one of which is a straight contemporary romance tentatively titled Stormbound. This one is a fun, uplifting story with a pretty good twist at the ending. It's the kind of story that is perfect for either the summer months, or even around the winter holidays....can't give away the plot.

The characters have become quite alive inside my mind as they continue to develop. Stormbound hasn't found a home yet as I haven't submitted it, but when I do, please check back for more details.

Meantime, you can go check out my other stories.

Canterville: Book One - The Dead Speak at Loose Id received a three star from Romantic Times which means they liked it, and said it presented suspenseful surprises.

No More Secrets, No More Lies -- This is available at Forbidden Publications. Again, Romantic Times reviewer enjoyed this story as the reviewer gave it four stars. I occasionally have emails coming to me on this story. I guess it's one of those stories that stays in the mind because of the characters.

A Soldier's Fortune is I think a great read for this time of year with the approaching Memorial Day Weekend as well as the Fourth of July holiday. This has been on Treble Heart Book's website for a number of years.

All the above are stories that I feel feed the soul, the spirit, and create a place where readers can escape to and leave all the "small stuff" behind.

Marie A. Roy - Enter my World

No comments: